Beginner – Life Skills
This class is intended for dogs 4 months or older.
You will be instructed on how reliably train your dog on-leash in the Beginner obedience curriculum. This class focuses on learning beginning obedience skills and achieving compliance. Tools used are treat and toy motivators.
- Name Recognition
- Walk on loose leash
- Recall – Come to Me
- Sit on one command
- Down on one command
- Got To Mat
- Heel positioning
- Stand on one command
- Releasing from a command
- Handling – Feet, ears, grooming
- Entry/exit manners
Also addressed are problem behaviors such as counter surfing, jumping on people/objects, running out of the door, destructive behaviors (not related to separation anxiety).
You must equip your dog with a standard 6 ft leash and flat buckle collar or martingale collar. This is a motivational and reward oriented class.
Top Class K-9 Obedience – Intermediate – Advanced Life Skills
This class is intended for dogs 12 months or older. You will be instructed on how reliably train your dog on-leash in the Intermediate obedience curriculum. Some off-leash work begins in this class. Tools used are treat and toy motivators.
- Adding distance , distractions and reliability to existing skills.
- Increasing skill chaining and reducing food rewards.
- Walk on loose leash
- Automatic Sits
- Beginning heel work
- Recall – With distraction
- Sit – moving Sit, Sit at a distance
- Down – Moving Down, Down at a distance
- Got To Mat from a distance
- Stay – Sit Stay with distraction – Down Stay with distraction
- Stand Stay and with full examination
- Back – Back up , move out of handlers path.
- Transitioning to off-leash work
Prerequisite is the successful completion of the Top Class K-9 Obedience Beginner, Top Class k-9 Board and Train or head trainer approval. Admittance may be granted to dogs and handlers who have not participated in a Top Class K-9 program on an individual basis only after an interview.
You must equip your dog with a standard 6 ft leash or training leash and flat buckle collar or martingale collar or the collar recommended by your trainer. This is a motivational and reward oriented class.